how a ropes challenge strengthens you and your team
Sacred Grove Retreat Center operates as a personal growth and leadership facility. Located on 11 scenic acres in the countryside of Cabarrus County, North Carolina, Sacred Grove Retreat Center offers a place for individuals and groups to gather, experience adventure, reflect, bond, focus, and grow.
Sacred Grove Retreat Center offers facilities and amenities for retreats and special events, as well as several lodging options for personal and group getaway experiences.
The most exciting addition, the ropes challenge course, is the perfect tool for leadership, team, and personal development.
Whether you seek to grow through quiet inner reflection or learn to overcome outward challenges, Sacred Grove Retreat Center is the place for you!
Sacred Grove Retreat Center offers a variety of in-house retreats as well as space for you to create your own corporate, educational, wellness, or team building event. It is secluded, yet conveniently located for easy access from several major cities.
The Ropes Challenge Course presents a unique experience where groups come together to create effective teams and empower them through encouragement and team building exercise. It provides a safe, supportive atmosphere to bond, grow, and explore potential.
Sacred Grove Retreat Center has four climate-controlled lodging facilities to choose from – a hand-built Log House, the Grove House, the Thoreau Cabin, and the Baby Yurt. When you rent for the day, weekend, or week, you also get access to all the common areas.
· Open to all (beginners to advanced practitioners)
· Unscheduled blocks of time to enjoy nature walks, labyrinth, journaling, private meditation & sleep (Massage & Reiki available for an extra charge)
· Fee includes instruction, accommodations in the contemporary Grove House and vegetarian meals
· Early-Bird Special $395 (if paid by 3/9/18)
· Call for more Information: 704-299-5124
· Short driving distance from major cities: Charlotte, Salisbury, Winston Salem, Greensboro, Raleigh, Chapel Hill and Durham
Level 1 Certification taught by Dan Miller of Chiji Dynamics.
This is a five day intensive training that will focus on:
- Leadership Skills Development
- Technical Skills for Operating a Ropes & Challenge Course
- Designing Experiential Team building activities
- Processing/Debriefing the experience
Upon completion of this training, participants will be proficient in the areas of:
- Low Elements and Group Problem Solving Initiatives
- High Element Setups procedures
- Equipment Care and Maintenance
- Knot Tying
- Belaying both Dynamic and Static Elements
- Safety Issues
The Skills and experience gained through this program will serve you for a lifetime!
Testing for the Level 1 Challenge Course Practitioner Certification will be provided by ABBE, Inc.
COST: $750 Training PLUS Lodging
Lodging will be available at Sacred Grove. Shared Room or dorm room: $40/night. Private Room: $85/night. Please bring all bedding or a sleeping bag and towels. A pillow is provided.
Ellen was a fantastic host and Sacred Grove Retreat was a magical place!
Within minutes, Ellen had responded to our reservation request and the next day we were enjoying the warmth of the cozy Thoreau Cabin! Check-in was easy and the accommodations exceeded my expectations! We also loved that we could bring our pup, Porter. Lots of room for him to run and play. Wish we could have stayed longer, but we’re absolutely looking forward to coming back very soon. Hoping to join the drum circle next time! Thank you Ellen!